Check out this 1971 Mitsubishi Colt Galant GTO, known in Japan as “The Hip Up Coupe”! Despite the iconic wedge shaped bodyline which was popular in it’s era, the GTO series was the first ever car in the country with the ducktail rear design which was heavily influenced by the American muscle car trend at the time.
As gorgeous as it already is, the exterior (seems to) has been fully restored, yet still maintains the original badges to keep it’s authenticity. In addition, the factory side mirrors mounted on the fenders are definitely one of the main features that is special to the 70’s car trend in Japan. But despite all the features that contribute to its beauty, you cannot dismiss the interior which consists of a vintage 8-track stereo system, original trims, dash, the seats, and even the steering wheel. There are visible minor damages to the seat material and the dash as will any other 51year old car with stock interior but it is easily a one-of-a-kind vehicle that will catch the eye of the public!
- Chassis Code: A53C Chassis M1 Trim
- Engine: Factory 4G32 Engine (1.6L Inline 4 SOHC) with single carburetor
- Transmission: 4 Speed M/T
- Suspension: Custom built Koni struts w/ 5k springs 3k leaf springs (camber plate) Allows 1’’ drop at max height and can drop as low as 4’’
- Stereo: Factory 8-track radio
- AC System: Added by dealer
- Interior: All factory, minor visible damages to the dash and seats
- Wheels: Rays X-Ray
- Steering Wheel: Factory 3 spoke steering wheel